Music in the Mountains
Youth Ambassador Scholarships
Applications must be received by December 9, 2022!
The Music in the Mountains Youth Ambassador Scholarship program, sponsored by Bank of Colorado, is an opportunity for selected students in grades 9-12 to expand and enhance their musical knowledge and talent.
Selected students will act as a representative of Music in the Mountains and win a scholarship package with an estimated value of $2,000/student.
As a Music in the Mountains Youth Ambassador Scholarship recipient, students will:
- Receive a scholarship for the full cost of a weekly private music lesson for 16 weeks.
- Receive 2 free tickets to each of selected Music in the Mountains Festival Orchestra and Chamber concerts
- Perform at a Music in the Mountains fundraising event during the Festival (July 11, 2023)
- Help promote music education within La Plata County schools and the community at large
- Youth Ambassador Scholarships are awarded to students in grades 9 – 12 in a La
Plata County school.
- Students must have a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA.
- Students must commit to perform at the Education Gala Fundraiser on July 11,
- Students and their families must seriously contemplate the commitment that
accepting the Music in the Mountains Youth Ambassador Scholarship will be.
- Only completed applications including all required materials will be considered.
- All parts of the application must be completed and returned to Music in the Mountains, either by completing the online form or by sending a completed form via email to email@example.com by December 9, 2022 to be considered for the award.
- The application is in four parts:
- Part 1 – General Information, filled out in full, and signed by both the student and a parent or guardian
- Part 2 – A short 2 page, double spaced essay written by the student (see instructions on page 3 of application).
- Part 3 – A letter of recommendation by a music teacher (see instructions on page 3 of application).
- Part 4 – Submit an audition video 3 – 5 minutes in length. Any genre of music will be accepted.
- Application part 3 must be completed by the student’s recommending music teacher, private or in school – this part may be turned in separately from the rest of the application.
- Scholarship awards will be decided by a panel of professional musicians associated with Music in the Mountains and the Music in the Mountains Education Committee.