Music in the Mountains
Join our Team!
Want to play a key role in maintaining and growing an established, cornerstone Durango organization?
We are looking for an enthusiastic, committed individual who is excited to join a hard-working, mission-driven team!
Events & Donor Relations Coordinator
Reports to: Executive Director
The Events and Donor Relations Coordinator works closely with the Executive Director to implement Music in the Mountains’ mission to bring a high-caliber classical music festival to the region.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: maintaining donor giving information, assisting with fundraising appeals, communicating with and stewarding donors, coordinating logistics for events, and supporting the Executive Director in all organizational activities.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide excellent internal and external customer service.
- Develop clear and detailed project plans for all events, making sure that all tasks are accounted for.
- Responsible for all aspects of the donor database and donor benefits, including the management of individual donor ticketing and corporate sponsors ticketing.
- Proactively support the stewardship activities of the Executive Director and the Development
- Manage the Music in the Mountains office space and all venues.
- Working with IT, set up all new employees in all relevant computer platforms.
- Manage all aspects of ticketing from TIX.com set up, sales and reporting to will-call operations.
- Supervise and train summer interns and other seasonal support.
- Responsible for all program book ad sales with focus on attentive follow up, process management and achievement of stated goals.
- Coordinate volunteer support for the office and for Festival operations.
- Ensure we are receiving best pricing for office equipment and utilities, including computers, phones, internet and other; suggest changes as necessary.
- Administer and maintain credit card machine account information.
- Maintain all log-in and security information.
- Maintain excellent communication and cooperation with the Executive Director and other staff as needed.
- Support the Executive Director, as needed.
- Become familiar with Donor Perfect (DP), our donor database and “heart” of our organization, to
ensure proper and full use of its robust function as a client relationship management tool in order to propel the organization forward.
- Responsible for the constant update of DP. This includes updating contacts from other relevant organizations and business partners, new interests and cross-references from TIX customers. Additionally, update it with returned mail or deceased patrons.
- Generate reports and mailing lists, ensuring that costly mailings and other communications are sent to the correct target audience.
- Establish and maintain information-tracking processes regarding acknowledgment, recognition,
ongoing communications, and continued cultivation for past and current donors: Corporate Sponsors, Program Advertisers, Individual Donors, Planned Giving, and Grant Funding.
- Support the process of developing smaller events, including house parties and events introducing
prospects to our organization.
- Coordinate logistical items, such as rentals, as needed.
- Administer electrical, phone, Wi-Fi, etc. needs at venues, as needed.
- Work with Durango Fire & Rescue and venues, placement of chairs/stage/concessions/bar, ensuring compliance with regulation, permits and agreements and maintaining positive working relationships with all.
- Acquire and manage liquor licenses and permits for all events as needed.
- Oversee and coordinate concessions (including musician CD sales), if applicable.
- Perform accurate and efficient daily reconciliation, deposit and reporting for each event.
- Develop and implement volunteer recruitment and training program and work with lead volunteer to schedule all volunteers for Festival volunteer positions ensuring adequate coverage.
- Manage items in office and in external storage spaces.
- Quarterly ASCAP and BMI reporting.
- Develop, improve and implement ticketing programs.
- Set-up of ticketed events in TIX.com– ensuring accurate seating charts, blocked seats for donors and sponsors, handicap areas and any other venue details.
- Prepare annual ticketing training materials.
- Train and supervise MITM staff on ticket sales.
- Order and maintain ticket supplies, programs and printers.
- Perform daily ticket sales and processing.
Program Book Advertising Sales:
- Responsible for all program ad sales and ad trade management.
- Work with graphic designer and Executive Director with editing and proofing of Festival program, brochure, and various other print material.
- Oversee ad quality, placement, deadlines and billing.
- Act as liaison between program designer and advertisers.
- Prefer 2–3 years minimum experience in events management.
- Demonstrated strong leadership and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Computer proficiency required including Windows, Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.
- Willingness to learn. Prior knowledge of databases and query functions are beneficial.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, take initiative and complete project assignments on time.
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently and in an organized manner.
- Some evening and weekend work hours may be required at various times throughout the year in support of events. During Festival weeks, must be available 24-7.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of privacy and confidentiality.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must have reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license.
- Must have reliable smart cell phone and service.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
Salary for this full-time, non-exempt position is $50,000 – $55,000, depending on the successful candidate’s professional experience. We offer a competitive benefits package that includes health/dental and vision insurance, retirement and generous paid time off.
How to Apply:
Please email a letter of interest, resume, and salary requirements to Angie Beach, email@example.com.
In your letter of interest, please detail the following:
–Why you are interested in working at Music in the Mountains and specifically in this position?
–What skills and experiences do you uniquely bring that will ensure your success in this role?