2021 Sneak peek!
Learn about plans for our upcoming festival
We missed seeing you in 2020 for our annual summer music festival! However, we believe there is a light at the end of the tunnel and are excitedly making grand plans with anticipation that 2021 will be the most memorable summer in our 35 year history!
As we all navigate toward a brighter future, we look for experiences that spark wonder, human connection, and the joy of shared experiences. One thing that has become clear to us over the last year is the power of connection music brings to our communities, and how necessary this connection is. Which is why we are making plans for a summer festival that will do just that — connect us again to one another and be an essential part of the healing in our communities.
Read on to discover more of what we have in store for the summer ahead!
Something for everyone!
We welcome you to join us for vibrant and intimate chamber and orchestra performances, some of the world’s best musicians, and robust repertoire right here in the beauty of our local landscape.
Be part of the magic as one of the most versatile and respected musical artists of his generation—renowned as conductor, violinist and violist—Guillermo Figueroa, leads the incredible Festival musicians in a season like no other. From Classical to Pops and other music genres, we are sure to offer something for everyone!
Here’s a sneak preview of some of the program highlights planned for this summer, when we envision an extraordinary return to the stage!
- Enjoy intimate chamber performances by Festival musician favorites, including: Emmanuelle Boisvert, violin; Chris French, cello; Katherine Young-Steele, oboe; Laura Leisring, bassoon, and many more.
- Explore delicious food and beverage pairings in new unique local venues with breathtaking mountain vistas serving as a spectacular backdrop for the classical music you love.
A whole new way to experience the music!
This year, we’re adding a brand-new way to bring our community together and experience Music in the Mountains!
Gather your friends and family, pack a picnic, and attend one of a dozen free community concerts throughout the region on our new mobile stage!
Currently being constructed, this mobile stage will allow us to bring music to some very fun and surprising places in 2021!
We’d like to give a huge thank you to First Southwest Bank for making this possible and believing not only in Music in the Mountains, but in the incredible power of music to heal and bring a community together!
A joyful return to the stage in 2021
Additionally, we’re looking forward to:
- Our triumphant return to the Community Concert Hall at Fort Lewis College, which will showcase the Festival Orchestra and its incredible principals in solo performances. We can’t wait to catch James Shields, clarinet, in Mozart’s Clarinet Concerto!
- Experience the flair for the wild and unexpected, with the genre-defying trio, TAKE3. This ensemble brings the refinement of a rigorous classical music background and infuses it with rock-star charisma, leaving an indelible mark on the audience.
- Share the joy of classical music with the next generation and enjoy our annual kid-friendly, educational family concert and dinner, featuring a performance by orchestra members of The Toy Symphony and Tyrannosaurus Sue for only $5 per ticket.
- Don’t miss a spectacular grand finale to our 2021 festival, featuring a specially commissioned piece, Tone Poem of Triumph, composed for the Music in the Mountains Festival Orchestra to celebrate our incredibly resilient community!
We look forward to seeing you July 11 - August 1, 2021!
We hope you will join us for the return of our summer classical music festival in 2021, and celebrate our return to the stage! In the meantime, be sure to follow us on Facebook and Instagram, and sign up for our email newsletter to be the first to know about festival news, updates, and ticket sales! We look forward to seeing you all once again in July!